Ideas For Writing A Research Paper For Special Education
Special education is the field that studies the problems related to educating individuals with different disorders and disabilities. To write a good research paper on special education, you should select a narrow topic for your study because this field is very broad. If you don’t know what topics you can choose to write about, you may take a look at sample topics that will help you understand what direction to pick for your own study.
A Collection of Ideas for a Special Education Research Paper
- The usage of the curriculum in special education.
- Using assistive technology to improve the educational performance of children with visual impairments.
- The theory and practice of educating deaf students.
- Special education and the least restrictive environment.
- The role of teachers in the inclusive education.
- Educating students with behavioral difficulties in mainstream schools.
- The importance of a teacher’s qualification in special education.
- Difficulties of educating students with the attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
- The features of teaching children with autism and similar disorders.
- Developing literacy in students with visual impairments using the Moon code.
How to Structure Your Research Paper Properly
Once you’ve selected your topic and conducted your study, you should start writing. However, to compose your paper in a proper way, you should know what chapters to include in your text and in what order to present them. Here is the structure that you should follow:
- The introduction.
- The literature survey.
- The methodology.
- The results.
- The conclusion.
This is a chapter where you present your topic, indicate its importance, list questions that you’re going to answer, and explain the scope of your study.
Here, you should present schools of thought that your work is based upon and the main literature sources that you consulted during your study.
The reader should be able to conduct your study after reading your paper. In this chapter, you should thoroughly describe everything that you’ve done to achieve your goals.
Now, it’s time to demonstrate what outcomes you’ve actually achieved. Present the raw figures using tables and graphs. Then, interpret your results and answer the main questions of your investigation based on the found data.
The last chapter should just wrap up your research and suggest a few ways to continue your work based on the results that you’ve achieved.
Remember that these are only the main sections that your paper should consist of. You’ll also need to create a bibliography, appendices, and other sections, depending on the indicated format.